From iRO Wiki
|Cast Time:||3 seconds|
|Cast Delay:||3 seconds|
|Duration:||[15 + (Skill Level × 15)] seconds|
|Range:||(Skill Level + 6) cells|
|(Crusader) Grand Cross Lv. 4, Shield Reflect Lv. 5|
- This article is about the Crusader skill which allows one to take damage for another. For the Paladin skill where health is traded for increased damage, see Martyr's Reckoning.
Links to a single target to take all of the damage in its place. This skill only works if the target is within ten levels of the user.
- Crusaders cannot be targeted by this skill.
- The damage that the user receives from this skill is affected by the party member's defense, rather than the user's.
- If a player goes beyond the range of this skill, their link line will graphically disappear. This skill does not deactivate until a player takes damage when out of range of the skill, or the duration of the skill expires.
- When a player is linked to the user, none of their skills can be interrupted by physical or magical attacks as they are not actually receiving any damage. However, certain skills such as Provoke and Gloria Domini, bypass this protective effect.
- If the user receives damage that exceeds their remaining HP through this skill, they will die, and any damage exceeding the user's HP does not pass to the original target receiving the damage.
- Certain abilities function through this skill: Guard, Shield Reflect, Defending Aura, and autocast skills that trigger when taking damage. Guard works as if the linked target had the skill active, also inducing physical attack delay when activated. Shield Reflect only works on melee skills when applied through this skill. This includes Guillotine Fist, as well as Arrow Shower cast by a monster. Defending Aura currently will slow down all linked targets when activated, but only apply a reduced damage reduction compared to the 80% reduction on the user.
- Skills like Guard, Shield Reflect, and Defending Aura need to be re-cast after casting this skill on a player for their effects to function.
- This skill will prevent the Soul Linker skill Kaite from functioning since damage is redirected toward the character using this skill.
- Refreshing this skill (recasting it on a linked target before its duration ends) requires that the number of players currently being linked to the user is at least one less than the limit.
- Using King's Grace removes this skill from protected party members.
|Crusader • Paladin • Royal Guard|
|Cavalier Mastery • Cure • Defending Aura • Demon Bane • Divine Protection • Faith • Grand Cross • Guard • Heal • Holy Cross • Peco Peco Ride • Resistant Souls • Sacrifice • Shield Boomerang • Shield Reflect • Shrink • Smite • Spear Mastery • Spear Quicken|
|Battle Chant • Gloria Domini • Martyr's Reckoning • Rapid Smiting|
|Banding • Burst Attack • Cannon Spear • Earth Drive • Exceed Break • Full Throttle • Genesis Ray • Hesperus Lit • Inspiration • King's Grace • Moon Slasher • Overbrand • Piety • Pinpoint Attack • Prestige • Reflect Damage • Shield Press • Shield Spell • Trample • Vanguard Force • Vanishing Point|
|Quests||Crusader Job Change Guide • Crusader Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough • Royal Guard Job Change Guide|
|Weapons||One Handed Sword • Spear • Two Handed Sword|