From iRO Wiki
|Party:||1 (Need to be in a party)|
|Base Experience:||First time only: 900,000 Exp (non-VIP) or 1,350,000 (VIP)|
|Job Experience:||First time only: 500,000 Job Exp (non-VIP) or 750,000 Job Exp (VIP)|
|Item(s):||First time: 2 Gray Shards. Second time and following: 1 Gray Shard. Ability to make Thanatos weapons and Gray gear set.|
- You can not reenter this instance if you happen to exit this instance before the instance done (e.g. disconnected, died then respawn). It is suggested to bring Token of Siegfried in case you die on the middle of the instance.
- All monsters in this instance are either Demon, Demi-Human or Undead (race), and have Undead, Shadow, Ghost, Wind or Earth element.
- All monsters have moderate chance to drop , which is required to purchase equipments and weapons at the end of the instance. Some monsters like Dullahans, Dark Frames and Khalitzburgs also drop Herb of Incantation (MATK+30 for 1 minute) and (ATK+30 for 1 minute).
- You can steal from all the monsters in the instance for extra Gray Shards, this includes the Tortuous Redeemer.
To start this quest, you have to use the Dimensional Device located on Rune Midgard Allied Forces Post within the New World. It will warp you into the Dimensional Gorge. Enter the second map of Dimensional Gorge. The portal is located at , near the Sapha.
- Talk to Unpleasant Royal Guard in Dimensional Gorge to start the quest:
- When instance is ready, click on Dimensional Device and select Enter. You have 1 hour to complete this instance.
- Talk to King to start. You will see Sakray is appointed as Princess Tiara's bodyguard for her marriage with a prince. Somehow you see monsters attack the palace. Kill all of those monsters to open portal to second stage (north end of room).
Monsters: Bloody Murderer, Ragged Zombie.
- Talk to Sakray (132, 122). Somehow the monsters are still attacking the palace. Clear the monsters to open portal to 3rd stage (117, 137).
Monsters: Dark Frame, Flame Skull, Wind Ghost.
- You will be inside a prison. Talk to King (32, 54) to advance the quest. Sakray is accused as the culprit behind the monsters attack. Cursed Spirit Thanatos will grant him the way out. Kill every monster on every jail chamber until announcement that the exit portal appears (54, 28). Quickly go to southeast corner portal as a big mob of undeads come at you. No need to kill them, but this is a good place to farm Gray Shard since this is the stage where most number of mobs appear.
Monsters: Skeleton Prisoner, Zombie Prisoner, Ghoul.
- Kill the monsters. After enough monster killed, you will see king and his soldier fall on the ground. Talk to Prince, you will see that he is the real culprit. He will transform into Torturous Redeemer. Kill it and make sure to grab Gray Shard from it since it drops 2. Kill the last monster to open next portal (southwest corner).
Monsters: Khalitzburg, Bloody Murderer.
- You will be inside the prison again. Talk to Princess Tiara (216, 43), and you will find out that she is dying. Kill monsters in every jail chamber until another Torturous Redeemer come. No need to kill it since Sakray will do the job. Talk to Sakray (196, 44). Now Sakray already changed, granted new power from Thanatos Spirit.
Monsters: Dullahan, Skogul, Skeleton Prisoner
- This marks the end of the instance. An exit portal will appear in south east (210, 28). Before you go, you can talk to King (205, 29) to trade Gray Shards for Thanatos weapons and Gray equipment. Each weapon requires 200 Gray Shards and each Gray equipment requires 100 Gray Shards. See section below for list of weapons and equipment.
- When you go to exit portal, you will get 2 Gray Shards as reward in completing the instance as well as EXP.
- Talk to Unpleasant Royal Guard again after 23 hours to repeat the instance.
Thanatos Weapons and Gray Equipment Set
Talk to the King before exiting the instance to exchange Gray Shards for weapons or equipment.
|Name||ATK||MATK||Other effects||Equippable by||Divine Pride link|
||300||80||None||Swordman/Merchant 3rd class||Link|
||180||110||None||Archer 3rd Class||Link|
||280||120||None||Swordman 3rd class||Link|
||180||120||None||Swordman/Merchant/Acolyte 3rd Class||Link|
||250||50||None||Swordman 3rd Class||Link|
||150||100||None||Swordman 3rd Class||Link|
||100||200||+15% Healing effectiveness||Mage/Acolyte 3rd Class||Link|
||150||100||None||Swordman 3rd Class||Link|
||120||250||+18% Healing effectiveness||Mage/Acolyte 3rd Class||Link|
||200||130||+20% ranged damage||Maestro||Link|
||200||130||+20% ranged damage||Wanderer||Link|
- Each weapon can be obtained by exchanging 200 Gray Shards.
- Each weapon has one card slot. The slot is hidden, so the weapon will show up as an option when selecting a weapon card.
- Each weapon has a base level restriction of 120.
- All weapons have the following effects:
- INT +6
- VIT +6
- LUK -6
- All weapons except staves: Low chance that 5% of physical damage dealt will restore HP and SP
- Staves: Low chance that unknown percentage of magic damage dealt will restore HP and SP
- Lose 100 HP every 10 seconds
- Lose 1,000 HP when unequipped
- Long Spear (two-handed) is supposed to have 250 ATK, 50 MATK, and 375 weight. In-game description might show the same stats as the one-handed Spear (need confirmation). Are the actual stats the same as what they should be? Should be easy to check just by looking at MATK when equipping and weight when placing in inventory.
|Name||DEF||Holy resist||+% Holy resist per upgrade||Equippable by||Divine Pride link|
||90||+10%||+2% per upgrade||Swordman, Archer, Merchant, Thief 3rd classes||Link|
||25||+2%||+1% per 3 upgrades||All 3rd classes||Link|
||45||+5%||+1% per 2 upgrades||All 3rd classes||Link|
||35||+3%||+1% per 2 upgrades||All 3rd classes||Link|
||55||+10%||+2% per upgrade||Mage/Acolyte 3rd Class||Link|
||75||+30%||+1% per upgrade||All 3rd classes||Link|
- Each piece of equipment can be obtained by exchanging 100 Gray Shards.
- Each piece of equipment has a base level restriction of 120.
- Each piece of equipment has a card slot (need confirmation).
- Equipment Bonus Set 1 for Armor of Gray, Gray Helmet, Boots of Gray, and Cloak of Gray:
- +15% Neutral resistance
- Low chance of casting Drain Life level 3 when receiving physical, melee damage
- Equipment Bonus Set 2 for Gray Robe, Gray Helmet, Boots of Gray, and Cloak of Gray:
- +15% Neutral resistance
- +25% max HP
- +25% max SP
- +10% MATK
|Hourly||Hazy Forest • Orc Memory Dungeon • Octopus Cave • Sealed Shrine • VIP Summoner|
|Daily||Airship Raid • Buwaya's Cave • Central Laboratory • Charleston Crisis • Devil's Tower • Faceworm Nest • Geffen Magic Tournament • Ghost Palace • Horror Toy Factory • Isle of Bios • Last Room • Morse's Cave • Nightmarish Jitterbug • Old Glast Heim • Sara's Memory • Temple of Demon God • Room of Consciousness • Heart Hunter War Base 2 • Werner Laboratory Central Room|
|3 days||Nidhoggur's Nest • Wolfchev's Laboratory • Sky Fortress|
|Weekly||Bakonawa Extermination • Bangungot's Instance • Endless Tower • Sarah and Fenrir|
|Various||Malangdo Culvert • Wave Mode|