Rune Knight Job Change Guide
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Rune Knight Job Change Guide|
|Job Level:||50 (70 strongly recommended, will never recover lost skill points otherwise)|
|Job Class:||Knight or Lord Knight|
|Item(s) (Consumed):||1 Reset Stone |
|Item(s):|| Rune Circlet |
Green Apple Ring
Energy Rune Guard
Magic Stone Ring
|Quest Reward(s):||Job Change to Rune Knight|
- Go to the bar south of the eastern Prontera Inn, and go south from the portal .
- Speak with Splendid looking Knight .
- Choose the option Sure, let's have a drink., then I'm ready to be a Rune Knight..
- Travel to Glast Heim, go to the northwestern part of the map.
- Speak with Rune Knight Jungberg , choose the option I came to be a Rune Knight.
- Travel to level 2 of the Glast Heim Chivalry .
- Speak to Rune Knight Staff , south of the middle of the map. You will be warped to the meeting area of Rune Knights.
- Talk to Rune Knight Captain directly below the point you enter the map.
- Talk to Rune Knight Lunarea to the southeast, say you're ready to take the test.
- Kill the Raydrics, Raydric Archers, Khalitzburgs, Wraith Deads, Rybio and Phen Dark as they spawn. Every so often, the four tester Rune Knights will appear, and you can talk to one of the four of them for a buff or a negative status (e.g. curse, stun). Survive this, and you will be returned to the Rune Knights.
- Speak with Rune Knight Lunarea again.
- Talk to Rune Knight Captain again.
- Go to the west portion of the room, and talk to Rune Knight Reona .
- Go to each book case, and read the three books Runes and Rune Knights, The Principles of Runes, and The Making and Use of Runes. After you finish reading each book, you will have to click "Stop Reading" in order to proceed the quest.
- Talk to Rune Knight Reona again, she will state that she is going to send you to Sage Serpeone in Ash Vacuum.
- Talk to Rune Knight Reona again, and say I'm prepared. You will be warped next to Sage Serpeone at the Expeditionary Camp in Ash Vacuum.
- Speak with Sage Serpeone Dullahans, 10 Disguises, 10 Quves, and 10 Heirozoist. , she will give you a quest to kill 10
- Travel to Niffleheim's first field map from Umbala or from the Bathory in Eden Kitchen, and kill the 40 monsters.
- Return to the camp in Ash Vacuum, and speak with Sage Serpeone again. Choose I've gathered enough energy. If you have killed the 40 monsters, Sage Serpeone will teleport you to the Rune Knight meeting area.
**After this point if you are teleported out, you can return to Sage Serpeone to be teleported back to the meeting place.
- Go to the west, and speak with Rune Knight Reona
- Click on the furnace to Rune Knight Reonas right, and match the runes with the shape that the furnace tells you. There will be a short delay as you proceed through the furnace chat before you can type in a Rune's name. You must type the rune's name in with the first letter capitalized.
Rune Pattern Ehwaz Red Spiral Osilia Violet oblique line Mannaz Emerald diamond Ansuz Emerald round Hagalas Skyblue star Kano Red diamond Rhydo Skyblue oblique line Turisus Yellow round Dagaz Emerald spiral Sowilo Skyblue fan Laguz Yellow diamond Isia Violet spiral line.
(Isia in the book says 'violet spiral', but it is 'violent slant' with the furnace
Pertz Silver spiral Verkana Gold star Gebo Yellow cone Algiz Emerald oblique line Arwez Gray diamond Teiwaz Gold round Wunjo Emerald star Jera Yellow round shape Nosiege Yellow fan-shape Ingz Violet diamond Fehu Silver round Urj Violet spiral
- Speak with Rune Knight Reona after you have created 20 runes.
- Go east, speak with Rune Knight Captain again.
- Go to eastern part of the room, speak with Rune Knight Velpino
- Go to the middle of the room, unequip all of your items other than your choice of weapon, or weapon and shield, and place them in storage. You cannot be over 400 weight. You can, however, re-equip gear once you are inside the test room.
- Go east and speak with Rune Knight Velpino, and choose Enter the Final Test Field.
- Rune Knight Velpino will give you two types of runes, and 30 of each. The first set will cast Storm Blast, and the second set will cast Millenium Shield.
- Once you have entered the test room, you will fight 1 Ogretooth , 1 Executioner , and 1 Mysteltainn one at a time. The next monster spawns as soon as the previous monster dies. One good tip for the battle portion is to hotkey Spear Dynamo level 5 for the extra HIT, since the monsters have high FLEE.
- The runes given to you will be taken away once the test is completed. Do not be afraid to use all of the runes given to you.
- If for some reason you fail and die in this test, you won't be able to take the test again until 10 minutes has passed.
- Sage Serpeone can still warp you back if you don't want to walk all the way back from GH Chivalry.
- Once you have defeated the three monsters, you will be warped back to the Rune Knight job change area. Speak to Rune Knight Velpino repeatedly until he directs you to return to the captain.
- Speak with Captain Tigris, who will congratulate you and ask you to dismount from your Peco Peco and store all items (player must be at 0 weight). Do so and speak with him again, he will change you to Rune Knight and give you 1 Green Apple Ring and 1 Rune Circlet .
- Speak with him again and you will be given 1 Rune Plate  or 1 Energy Rune Guard  or 1 Magic Stone Ring  depending on the Rune furnace test score.
- No wrong answer: Energy Rune Guard.
- 3 to 5 wrong answer: Magic Stone Ring.
- 1 to 2, or more than 5 wrong answer: Rune Plate.
|Knight • Lord Knight • Rune Knight|
|Bowling Bash • Brandish Spear • Cavalier Mastery • Charge Attack • Counter Attack • One-Hand Quicken • Peco Peco Ride • Pierce • Spear Boomerang • Spear Mastery • Spear Stab • Twohand Quicken|
|Aura Blade • Clashing Spiral • Frenzy • Parry • Relax • Spear Dynamo • Traumatic Blow • Vital Strike|
|Death Bound • Dragon Breath • Dragon Howling • Dragon Training • Dragon Water Breath • Enchant Blade • Full Throttle • Hundred Spears • Ignition Break • Phantom Thrust • Rune Mastery • Sonic Wave • Wind Cutter|
|Quests||Knight Job Change Guide • Knight Skill Quest • Rebirth Walkthrough • Rune Knight Job Change Guide|
|Weapons||One Handed Sword • Spear • Two Handed Sword|