|Duration:||[0.2 + (Skill Level × 0.2)] seconds|
|(Sage) Study Lv. 4|
Absorbs incoming magic spells and replenishes SP from a portion of their SP Cost. Only single target magic spells can be absorbed by this skill. If an enemy casts Spell Breaker and is countered by this skill, the user of this skill will absorb 20% of the enemy's Max SP.
- If Energy Coat is active, SP will be drained for every hit, even if spells are being absorbed by this skill.
- This skill functions much like Knight's Counter Attack skill. This skill must be used when the incoming spell is expected to strike the user. A successful absorption will repeat the animation of this skill and will replenish SP. The difference to Counter Attack is, that multiple spells can be absorbed during the duration, instead of a single one.
- It is generally best to execute this skill when the enemy skill's cast bar is nearly full. This works for most skills with a noticeable cast time. However, against skills such as Frost Diver, it is simpler to spam the skill over and over.
- Using this skill will cause the player to have a short delay, like any skill. This prevents from walking while spamming this skill despite no cast bar being present.
- When using this skill against Water Ball, every ball is counted as single spell and they can be absorbed for the duration of this skill, replenishing SP multiple times. This skill can even be executed after Water Ball already started.