Sage Job Change Guide
|Sage Job Change Guide|
|Item(s) (Consumed):||Varies (See Tables)|
|Quest Reward(s):||Job change to Sage|
2. Once inside, to your lefthand side talk to the Staff of the Academy NPC, Metheus Sylphe, in order to register for the Sage test. You will be asked to pay 70,000 Zeny to register. As an alternative, you can give them an and a to bypass the fee. In addition, you can tell the NPC that it's too expensive. He'll give you another requirement in which you can pay with 30,000 Zeny, 50 , 50 , and 25 . If you are Job Level 50, you are exempt from paying the entrance fee.3. With the fee paid, it's time for the dreaded written test. Pass the first NPC and enter the next room. You should be in a hallway. Take the first left and you'll find the Written Test Professor NPC, Claytos Verdo .
4. Talk to him, and he will ask you a total of 20 questions. Each correct answer you get you receive five points. In order to pass this portion of the Sage test, you must have a total of at least 80 points to continue. The questions are grouped by similarity:
|Question Set 1||Answer|
|Choose the item that the Magical Tool Merchant in Geffen does not sell.||Mantle|
|Choose the jewel that the Morroc Jewel Merchant does not sell.||Garnet|
|Choose the item that the Gift Merchant in Prontera does not sell.||Bouquet|
|Question Set 2||Answer|
|Choose the city where users cannot purchase a Stiletto from an NPC.||Prontera|
|Choose the city where users cannot purchase Blade from an NPC.||Al De Baran|
|Choose the city where users cannot purchase Monster's Feed from an NPC.||Al De Baran|
|Question Set 3||Answer|
|Choose the closest city to Turtle Island.||Alberta|
|Choose the closest city to Glast Heim.||Geffen|
|Choose the closest city to the Maze.||Prontera|
|Question Set 4||Answer|
|Choose the monster that is a different type than the others.|| |
|Choose the monster that is a different type than the others.||Penomena|
|Choose the monster that is a different type than the others.||Aster|
|Question Set 5||Answer|
|Choose the monster that has a different attribute.||Smokie|
|Choose the monster with a different attribute than the others.||Giearth|
|Choose the monster that has a different attribute than the others.||Metaller|
|Question Set 6||Answer|
|Choose the monster that is different sized.||Drake|
|Choose the monster that is different sized than the others.||Argos|
|Choose the monster that is different sized than the others.||Raydric|
|Question Set 7||Answer|
|Choose the monster which does not drop "Yggdrasil Leaf".||Marduk|
|Choose the monster which does not drop "Phracon".||Peco Peco Egg|
|Choose the monster which doesn't drop "Alcohol".||Poison Spore|
|Question Set 8||Answer|
|Choose the NPC that is irrelevant to the Priest job change quest.||Sir Windsor|
|Choose the NPC that is irrelevant to the Knight Job change quest.||Thomas Servantes|
|Choose the NPC that is irrelevant to the Blacksmith job change quest.||Barcadi|
|Question Set 9||Answer|
|Choose the skill that is irrelevant to learning Fire Wall, the Mage skill.||Level 4 Napalm Beat|
|Choose the skill that is irrelevant to learning Claymore Trap, the Hunter skill.||Remove Trap|
|Choose property that is irrelevant to "Bolt" type skills for the Mage Class.||Earth|
|Choose the skill that is irrelevant to learning Magnus Exorcismus, the Priest skill.||Divine Protection|
|Choose skill that is irrelevant to learning Maximize Power, the Blacksmith skill.||Skin Tempering|
|Question Set 10||Answer|
|Choose the NPC that is not a citizen of Morroc.||Antonio|
|Choose the NPC that is not a citizen of Prontera.||Pina|
|Choose the NPC that is not a citizen of Al De Baran.||GOD-POING|
|Question Set 11||Answer|
|Choose the Kafra lady who has gorgeous blue hair.||Pavianne|
|Choose the Kafra lady who is the youngest one among the staff.||Curly Sue|
|Choose the right name for the Kafra lady who wears glasses.||Leilah|
|Question Set 12||Answer|
|How many INT points can a Mage receive as a bonus at Job Level 33?||4|
|How much SP is spent to use lvl 7 Thunderstorm?||59|
|How much SP can be restored when learning SP recovery at Level 6 (without being affected by INT)?||18|
|Question Set 13||Answer|
|Choose the correct SP consumption and skill duration for Improve Concentration lvl 5 (Archer skill).||45/80 Sec|
|Choose the correct SP consumption and the number of evasions when using Safety Wall lvl 6.||SP 40, 7 Times|
|Choose the correct amount of magic attack for Napalm Beat lvl 6.||MATK * 1.3|
|Choose the correct attack strength and SP consumption for Bash lvl 6 (Swordsman skill).||280% / 15|
|Choose the right amount of damage reduction and SP consumption of the Energy Coat skill when the caster's remaining SP is 50%.||Damage - 18% SP 2%|
|Choose the right chance and attack strength for lvl 7 Double Attack, the Thief skill.||35% / 140%|
|Question Set 14||Answer|
|Choose the correct defense and ability of Wedding Veil.||0 / MDEF +5|
|Choose the correct defense and ability of Bunny Band.||2 / LUK +2|
|What is the correct defense rate and ability of Cute Ribbon?||1 / SP +20|
|Question Set 15||Answer|
|Choose the class that cannot equip Saint Robe.||Thief|
|Choose the class that cannot equip Coat.||Mage (iRO: Novice)|
|Choose the class that cannot equip Padded Armor.||Archer|
|Question Set 16||Answer|
|Choose the item that is not an ingredient for Blue Dyestuffs.||Karvodailnirol|
|Choose the metal that was rumored to bring fortune and fame to a person with the destiny.||Emperium|
|Choose the item that cures all abnormal status and restores full HP and SP at the same time.||Yggdrasil Berry|
|Choose the abnormal status that cannot be cured by Green Potion.||Curse|
|Choose the catalyst stone for Mage Solution no. 4, which is used for the Mage job change quest.||Diamond|
|Question Set 17||Answer|
|When the world was created by the god Odin, what did he use for the material?||The Heart of Ymir|
|Who rules the Rune-Midgarts kingdom right now?||Tristram the 3rd|
|Choose the correct name for the ancient kingdom that disappeared somewhere in Geffen.||Geffenia|
|Choose the correct name for the tree that became the source of life of this world.||Yggdrasil|
|Choose the god of Crusaders.||Odin|
6. Speak to the professor and you'll enter a waiting room where you must wait your turn to take the fighting test. Enter the chat room to begin. Some skills you may want to hotkey are:
7. Your first enemies will be a group of aggressive Fire Wall, this test is a breeze. Fire Wall around yourself and you'll kill them. Even without Fire Wall, the enemies are so weak that you can Bolt them individually or even melee them if you need to. If you're going the melee route, bring potions. Keep in mind that you are timed for three minutes.and . If you have
8. The next group of foes will be non-aggressive Fire Wall, you can Fire Wall three of the six groups before they can split, effectively killing about 15 Lunatics. Once they begin to separate, you'll want to Fire Ball the remaining Lunatics. If there are any left, individually Bolt each Lunatic or stab/hit them with a Dagger/Rod. You'll have three minutes.. At first, it appears that there are only six, but they quickly multiply to about 30 or so. If you have
9. Your last test is fighting an aggressive Fire Wall it, or use a Frost Diver/Lightning Bolt combo. If you have a , you don't have to worry about it breaking your cast time. Once you kill the Whisper, the others disappear.. There will be five Whispers in total, but only attack the center one. You can
10. When you return, talk to the Practical Examination Professor again. At this point, the quest splits three ways. He will either assign you to study the history of Yggdrasil and will send you to the History Professor ("A" Steps), tell you to study the elements and will assign you to the Physics Professor, Aebecee George ("B" Steps), or you'll be sent to study with the Biology Professor, Lucius Celsus ("C" Steps). Depending on which one you get, refer to the appropriate section in the guide.
11a. If you got the History Professor, exit the room and head over to the room at the end of the hall.
12a. Talk to the professor, and he will ask that you bring something to him that is related to Yggdrasil. You can bring any item that has the word Yggdrasil in it (, , ) although the leaf is the easiest and cheapest to find since it's sold by NPCs. Once you give it to him, he will begin his lecture. You can choose to pay attention, or simply refer to this guide instead.
Once he finishes the lecture, he will ask you for 5 items in order to write an essay.
He will help you write your essay, and you must choose the correct option to finish the essay correctly. It'll look like this when you're done. (The last paragraph has another version depending on what RO server you are in. Alternate 1 being iRO and Alternate 2 for other ROs.)
.... There is a ocean around the continent, The ocean is coiled up by A giant snake Yormungandr. The continent consists of three places such as, Utgard, where the titans live, Midgard, where humans live, Asgard, where gods live. The continent consists of the three places stated above.
Alternate 1: .... as we studied from the last class, Yggdrasil is... A giant ash tree. The root of Yggdrasil is divided into 3 parts. Those parts reach to 3 places... Asgard, Jotunnheim, Niflheim. One who has a Seed of Yggdrasil, Can restore half of total HP and SP.
Alternate 2: .... as we studied from the last class, Yggdrasil is... A giant ash tree. The root of Yggdrasil is divided into 3 parts. Those parts reach to 3 places... Asgard, Jotunnheim, Niflheim. One who has a Fruit of Yggdrasil, Can restore fully HP and SP.
13a. Go to step 14.11b. If you were assigned to the Physics Professor, head outside then north to the smallest island in Juno . You'll find the Biology-Engineering Institute (Also referred by the Practical Examination Professor as the Somatology Laboratory). 12b. Talk to the professor, Aebecee George , and he will ask for items before you can start the lecture. He will ask for...
- He will give you a Wind of Verdure, Green Live, and Crystal Blue and ask for you to craft them into 50 , 50 and 50 which you can bring in advance
Once you give that to him, he will begin his lecture. You can choose to pay attention, or simply refer to this guide instead. Once he finishes the lecture, he will ask you for 5 items in order to write an essay.
He will help you write your essay, and you must choose the correct option to finish the essay correctly. It will look like this when you're done.
.... Magic spells are varied into 4 elements such as Water, Earth, Fire and Wind. Each property has an opposing property. Magic with wind property is strong against water Magic with earth property is strong against wind However, that does not work on the opposite case. You must apply different types of property by the situation or place.
You never know the limits of magic. It is not suggested to be too addicted to magic spells. Only pertinent uses of magic, as well as rest will guarantee you a safe battle. Forming a party with people of different classes is considered the best way to ready for battle.
13b. Go to step 14.
11c. If you were assigned to the Biology Professor, go to the Monster Museum as shown on the Juno map. It's located on the same island right next to the Magician Academy (278,291). Once inside, enter the back room and you'll find the Biology Professor.
12c. Talk to the professor, he will ask for you to get a set of items, the first set being from water property/fish monsters and the second set being from insect monsters. He will randomly ask for each set of items:
|Fish Race|| 5 , 5 , 5 |
5 , 5 , 5
5 , 5 , 5
|Insect Race|| 5 , 5 , 5 |
5 , 5 , 5
5 , 5 , 5
13c. Once you give the items to him, he will begin his lecture. You can choose to pay attention, or simply refer to this guide instead.
Once he finishes the lecture, he will ask you for 5 items in order to write an essay.
In this instance unlike the other two professors, you won't need to choose the options in order to write the essay. Simply keep pressing enter until the professor finishes your essay.14. Once you've finished your essay, you'll be given a book and will be instructed to show your thesis to the Dean of the Magician Academy. Head over to the Sage Castle, which is situated in the north-west corner of Juno's northern island . Walk down the floor to the last room where you will find Dean of the Academy (Kayron Grik) and hand him your thesis. He will then change your job to Sage.